Saturday, December 13, 2014

{Happy Holidays}

Happy Happy Holidays! Yes I love the holidays, I love getting together with family and eating, decorating cookies, playing games, watching The Christmas Vacation or The Christmas Story! I think getting together as a family is the best part about the holidays, making memories with lots of laughs! I love decorating for the holidays! This year we decided to go with a fake Christmas tree because last year we went through two!  They both died, I watered them, I put stuff in the water to help keep them alive and it just didn't work. So we bought a flocked Christmas Tree from Daisy Hollow Floral in Malad from my good friend Chris! And I'm obsessed with it! I did all gold on it and the gold just pops because of the flock! I'm in love!!

I wanted to leave my most favorite holiday recipe on the blog, 
I'm addicted to Pinterest! And I have made this recipe now for two years in a row! 
It's so yummy!

Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake

1 8-oz brick cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes (about 16 candy canes), plus more for sprinkling on top

1 pint heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
2 store-bought oreo cookie pie crusts


Combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and candy canes (except for the ones to sprinkle on top) in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Divide the mixture evenly between the two chocolate crusts. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer, sprinkle with extra crushed candy canes, and serve immediately.

Who doesn't love Oreo, or peppermint, or an easy recipe!!? Love trying new recipes and being able to keep the recipe because it's so yummy! Enjoy!!!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment